Hey, I'm Jordyn. The handlettering artist and designer behind Jordyn Alison Designs.
My business story has always been closely linked to my personal life. Back in the beginning of 2016, my husband (boyfriend then) joined the Air Force. The months leading up to it I knew I had to start doing something to fill my time, so I took on the art of handlettering. With my newly found love for brush pens, I started creating and digitizing long distance cards. When he left, I filled all my spare time with learning and finding my style.
I started my business that year... with no knowledge on how to ship cards, how to design and market greeting cards people wanted, how to wholesale. I knew nothing when I first started. But my goodness, I've learned so much since then.
Now, we're married and I'm still lettering and designing more than ever!
SOME QUICK FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I started out as a righty, but decided that it would be cool to switch to being a lefty right before Kindergarten
- I'm a self-taught letterer who learned from watching others on Instagram
- I've been vegan for over a year now and I love it
- Anything floral is my favorite
- The Office and Breaking Bad are my top two shows