I was going to reflect back on 2018, but honestly... it wasn't that great of a year for me. So instead I'm going to focus on how I can make 2019 better. Let me know in the comments what your goals for 2019 are! I'd love to hear them.
Some of my business goals are...
- Take real breaks from work. In 2018, I worked nonstop. I didn't take off weekends, and if I was watching a movie or tv I was doing work on my iPad. The only time I was away from my laptop/iPad for more than 24hrs was the week of my wedding/honeymoon. In 2019 I want to be better at not working on the days my husband has work off (and since his "weekends" are always changing, I want to be really mindful of that).
- Figure out a way to pay myself better. This one is huge. I am naturally someone who likes to save money as much as possible. When it comes to paying myself, I have previously paid myself a percentage of the profit I made the previous month. So if I had low sales, I would get hardly any money. This became stressful when I moved in with my husband, because I felt like I was contributing nothing. So for next year, I thing I want to pay myself a minimum rate each month and if I have a better month than I can pay myself more if I choose to.
- Double my gross revenue. The past two years I have doubled my revenue. My growth has been slow, so it's really not that much of an accomplishment if I were to tell you the numbers. But in 2019 I have a goal number in mind, and I would be blown away if I actually reached it. I
- Increase my wholesale clients by 10. Ugh. This is one that I had on my list for 2018 and it didn't happen. I thought so many things would have happened in 2018, but my personal life took over and I wasn't able to reach out to as many retailers as I would have wanted to.
- Get 500 subscribers on YouTube. I've been content planning for 2019, and I seriously want to add YouTube to the mix. I've always loved editing videos so this goes hand in hand. I was able to teach a hand lettering class in 2018, and was inspired to continue teaching what I know about hand lettering, small business, and more.
- Get to 3,000 Etsy sales, and 1,000 Website sales. I started on Etsy in 2015, and started my website in September(?) of 2018. In 2018 I managed to have over 1,000 sales. I would be very surprised if my website hit that milestone, but a girl can dream right ;)
- Expand my shop offerings. Another goal I had for 2018 was to expand my product line. I ended up only adding vinyl stickers to the mix, and while they've been a hit... they weren't the only thing I truly wanted to add. However, in 2019 I am hopeful that you will be seeing some fun new products from my shop!
Some of my personal goals are...
- Wake up at 6am. Going through a deployment and many other major stressful events, I've been left feeling extremely tired and unmotivated. I really want to start waking up by 6am so I'm not wasting precious time. When I first moved from Michigan to New Mexico, my dog was waking me up by 5am because to him that felt like 7am. Most of the time I hated him for it, but there were some days when I got up and fed him and did my morning routine all by 7am. It felt awesome to be focused and ready to go by the time I went to work (aka, my bedroom office).
- Get off my phone by 9pm. I would love to not even bring my phone into my room, as I think that would help eliminate mindless scrolling each night and morning. And help me with getting out of bed by 6am!!
- Get 8,000 (or more) steps each day. I need to take breaks from working and sitting at the computer more, so I can insure that I'm getting the steps in that I should be getting. I also live in a nice neighborhood, so I really have no excuse for not getting outside and walking around the block.
Below are all of the places you can find Jordyn Alison Designs.
- Shop: cards, stickers, lettering worksheets, and more
- Blog: lettering tips, product announcements
- YouTube: lettering tutorials, small business tips
- Pinterest: lettering, military, small business
- Instagram: lettering and product updates
- Facebook: product news and updates
- FontBundles: fonts and svgs
- Creative Market: fonts and svgs
- Redbubble: my designs on stickers, mugs, and more
- Society6: my designs on rugs, towels, and more